Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 1: Down Syndrome Awareness Month

Happy October! And an extra special Happy 1st Birthday to my niece/goddaughter Mia. I LOVE you and will see you in a few hours to celebrate your bumblebee birthday!




October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month. So what do we do in October? In the blogworld there is '31 for 21' where we blog every day. It may or may not be about Down syndrome but regardless, the point to to make people aware. Remember I am only a month into Down syndrome (5 months since Harper's prenatal diagnosis) so I am no expert but I do know I want to be an active member in the Down syndrome world for Harper and I will try my best to bring knowledge and hopefully some humor to this special needs world an this blog! 


I was trying to give her some "alone" time but I couldn't resist her! 


One other PSA. For those who came across this blog because we share having a child with designer genes or any other special need and you are a frequent blog reader, head over to Parents.com and vote for your favorite special needs blog. Many of the blogs I mentioned and who I follow are nominated and I know they would like your votes!


I wouldn't be a Wisconsin fan if I didn't mention that it's a GREAT weekend to live in 
Wisconsin! So a big "go get'em" to my Badgers, Brewers, and Packers! Woo hoo!!! 


 A Badger fan before birth! Sorry Harper but mommy is an alumni so it's in your genes! 


If you joined through facebook and saw my bribe then THANK YOU and here is my end of the deal. Warning: yes I know she doesn't have pants on! We were in the middle of constant diaper changes and it was way easier to be pantless for an hour until the crisis was averted! 






 1 month sticker from Tara

1 month sticker from Nana. Harper really likes to do "Beast mode"

3 comments:

Mama Bird said...

Aww, I knew it would cover her entire body! Love it! Andy is her dad so I think it is safe to say that the last pic is less "beast" and more "zombie mode." I think her zombie weapon of choice is to trick the zombies into thinking she is one of them. Genius!

making-our-nest.blogspot.com

Holly. said...

1-Month Stickers are cute!! The beast pose reminds me of Clay Matthews. Harper must be practicing to cheer!!

Kaiti said...

Tara----you made me giggle!