Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 25: Down syndrome Creed


I want a do over for my last day at home with Harper. Too many doctor appointments and too many shots/immunizations. And I'm trying to wrap my head around some other drama that I don't care to talk about. So needless to say, today sucked and tomorrow I go to work. 


The good news is that during my blog hop I came across a new blog. And I LOVE her! I found the following poem at Life's Little Surprises. Her name is Shannon and her daughters name is...wait for it...Fiona. Some of you know that back when I was teaching in my 2 year old classroom I had a favorite (I mean I loved her the same as the others) and her name was Fiona. Since then I have loved that name. Anyway, take a quick journey over to Shannon's blog. She will appreciate it. 


I enjoy the Down syndrome Creed but it will not be something that I display (just like Shannon states in her blog). It is for reassurance that life is great, fantastic, and meaningful no matter who you are. 

Down Syndrome Creed
Author unknown

My face may be different,
But my feelings the same.
I laugh and I cry,
And I take pride in my gains.
I was sent here among you,
To teach you to love.
As God in the heavens
Looks down from above.
To Him I am no different.
His love knows no bounds.
It's those here among you,
In cities and towns,
That judge me by standards
That man has imparted.
But this family I've chosen
Will help me get started.
For I'm one of the children,
So special and few,
That came here to learn
The same lessons as you.
That is acceptance,
It comes from the heart.
We all have the same purpose,
Though not from the start.
The Lord gave me life,
To live and embrace,
And I'll do it as you do
But at my own pace.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

thanks Kaiti, hope tomorrow is a better day :)