Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 11: Pumpkin time!

We have a few special events planned for the week. First item on the agenda: to meet Harper's physical therapist. Yes I am fully aware that she is only 6 weeks old but we want to get a jump start on things. Harper does have low muscle tone that is associated with Down Syndrome but it's mostly in her biceps and thighs. She definitely has chicken legs! The PT suggested we try infant massage. So that is going to be the plan for awhile.

Second exciting item was visitors! Yesterday, my Aunt Sharon and Uncle Rick drove up m cousin Jacquelyn from Chicago. She flew in from NYC on Sunday to come hang out  for a few days.

 Uncle Rick is a baby person! 

Harper MAY be spoiled! 

Monday night was spent by Jacquelyn staring and cuddling Harper...a lot. But that's ok. Cuddles are good for the soul. 



Today is a great fall day in Wisconsin. The temperature reads 78 degrees but when the sun is down it's perfect. So perfect the pumpkin patch, corn maze, and farm animals were calling our name. While daddy worked (sorry dad) the girls enjoyed a day at the farm. 

I mean really? A goat on a bridge?! Amazing! 




 The only round barn left in Wisconsin. The lady really wanted us to be aware of that fact. 



Bring on the corn maze! 



 Ugly but adorable at the same time. 

I made sure to buy up some white pumpkins! LOVE!


 Can you even see Harper? I'm holding her. I promise. 

 Cousin Jacq and Harper in the big chair. 

My feet look gigantic but those boots are adorable! 

Fun fact for the day: Harper now weights 6 pounds 10 ounces and is almost 18 1/2 inches long. She is growing fast and before my eyes. Next year I will be taking a toddler to the farm. 



1 comment:

The Holt's said...

Hey Kaiti- I just found your blog and enjoyed reading the birth story of Harper. It was very similar to Isabelle's. Isabelle had the complete AV Canal defect and just had her open heart surgery on September 28th. If you have any questions or just need someone to listen, please let me know. If you are on facebook, look me up.