Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 23: Reading Recommendation

I don't want to talk about the Badgers. I'm angry and sad. I'd rather talk about gifts! Harper received a new gift this last week in the mail and I LOVE IT! Thanks to the Schmidt family for thinking of Harper and for the gift! What is it?! It is a book called My Friend Isabelle by Eliza Woloson.  





My Friend Isabelle








The book is about Charlie and Isabelle's friendship. They are the same age but they are different: Charlie is tall, Isabelle is short. Isabelle has Down syndrome but the book is mainly about differences. It's adorable. I love it. I love Sarah for giving it to us. I love Amazon for letting me order it from the comfort of my own bed. I love early Christmas shopping especially when I find a great idea for my niece and nephew (Dajen forget you just read that!)




This is officially my last weekend off before I start work again on Wednesday. I'm actually excited. I know Harper will be well taken care of. She will make friends and seriously she is the director's kid so nobody can mess with her! 


I will spend the next few days attending doctor appointments for both H and myself but mostly I'll be trying to soak up my last moments of alone time with her. 


Let me know if you have read this book or if you are going to buy it. I HIGHLY recommend it. Thanks again Sarah for the book and for all the love and support you have given to me, basically a stranger. 







2 comments:

summer said...

I sure am going to buy this book. My daughters name is Isabelle and she has Down syndrome - I have to buy it!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

Laura said...

Thank you for the recommendation! I found your blog through the blog hop and I just have to say that Harper is adorable!