Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 14: Some questions answered


The weekend is upon us which means my little family of 3 (ok 5 if you include Lola and Brewer) is complete for 2 full days.  We can't decide what we want to do this weekend. It's hard to schedule around the Badgers, Brewers, and Packers. 



Have I posted a picture of Lola? I love her but she is a B*&%$. With a capital B. 

I've received some great feedback on this little blog over the last week and I wanted to let you know that I appreciate it. I enjoy the blog world and am happy to have people actually read what I have written. I've answered a few questions about myself and I thought I'd publish the answers here:

I graduated from UW-Madison in 2005 with an English degree (don't judge my grammatical errors I'm a lazy proofreader).  I thought I'd graduate and then get my teaching certificate but plans changed and I ended up working in a preschool and moving my way up the management ladder pretty quickly. I've been a director for the last 3 years. 

I like to write but I'm not creative enough for fiction and too impatient for nonfiction. I don't like to research something I'm not interested in. Obviously, I'm interested in Down syndrome and Harper's heart defect so yes I researched the crap out of both and I still don't fully understand! 

I do love my current job. Harper will get to come with me. But, yes of course I'd love to find a job where I can work from home. Anyone in Madison want to hire me to do that?! 

Other fun facts about me:

I'm obsessed with the Real Housewives of New Jersey. It must be an Italian thing because I understand them. Weird I know but us Italians have to stick together. But you don't look Italian: I am I swear. I'm also Irish but there is no Real Housewives of Ireland...yet. 

I always need a project to work on. For example, I re-stenciled my entryway and like it even better. I couldn't stop thinking about the mistakes I made and had to do it over. My next project: paint the side table in Harper's room yellow.

I wish I was handy. Handy as in with power tools. I could complete so many more projects if I wasn't terrified of power tools.


There you go. Not terribly exciting as this 31 for 21 is straining my creativity. A few other Ds bloggers are asking for their readers to ask them questions about Ds. I'd like to extend the offer as well. You can post on my blog anonymously (if you want) and I'll try my best to answer. 

Happy weekend! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Start using power tools for small projects and you will so be confident in using them!

Holly. said...

Can we hear from Harper's dad?? He should help you with your 31 days!! :D