Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 13: Favorite time of day

I'm in the midst of my favorite time of day. Morning time with Harper. When we don't have to be up at a certain time of the day, we take our time. I make her a bottle and me a cup of coffee. 



I put her in the boppy and put myself back in bed. This is when I blog, watch crappy TV, and check my email and Facebook. 




It's very unproductive and for once in my life I can sit still and enjoy not being productive. This is where I take a bunch of pictures of Harper. Usually she is in her boppy sleeping or giving me a look that says "Mom, knock it off!" I watch her sleep. I feed her. We talk. We sing. We are a we.  


 This is her "Mom knock it off" look. 

I don't have very many of these mornings left. I go back to work on the 26th. I love my job but I'm sad and dreading that day that I go back to work. Although, I am fortunate that Harper will be able to attend my school. She will be right down the hall from me. Great right? Um, I'm not so sure. School isn't the problem. It's me. Only time will tell. And the time for me to return to work is getting close. 



Maybe one of these days I'll give you a picture of my full bedroom (and possible home tour). Not just the unmade comforter with a baby on it! 

I apologize for the lack of creativity in these pictures. But I'm still sitting in bed and only got up to make Harper a bottle and me a cup of coffee! 

Next week will go by fast. We have doctor appointments after doctor appointments. The most important appointment is when we meet with the surgeon who will be performing Harper's heart surgery. Cross your fingers that he has done the surgery a million times. I don't want other kids to go through the surgery but I want to know that Harper is in an experts hands. We will also be discussing when her surgery will be scheduled. The time of ignorance is bliss is also almost over. But that's alright, I'm anxious to put the SUCCESSFUL surgery behind us and move forward to bigger and better. 

What's your favorite time of day? For me coffee has to be involved! Happy Thursday and let's go Brewers! 

2 comments:

Marci said...

My favorite time of day is when I get to the daycare to pick Landon up -- His smile lights up his whole face--and at that moment, "Mommy" is the best thing in the whole world. I always get a great big hug from him, and voluntary kisses. :) Yep. Pure Joy!

FYI, Harper is still adorable!

Holly. said...

My favorite time of the day is 4 AM on the weekends. Crazy, I know, but it's after we return from the barn. It's peaceful being back in the house plus it's the best tie to get thing done because my husband and the dog go to nap!! (I just try not to vacuum then. Ha!)