Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Surgery Update

I worked on a completely different post last night to publish today. That post is on the back burner because I have BREAKING NEWS!! BREAKING NEWS! 


Today was the one week post op appointment with the surgeon and he said, "I don't have to see you again."

Yes you read that correctly. Harper doesn't have to see her surgeon (who we love and adore) ever again.

Cue the happy squeal from this mama and the overwhelming urge to cry. I was able to blink back the tears until we got into the car.

We will still have follow up appointments with the pediatric cardiologists (again we love and adore her) but those are monitoring visits and will start to be few and far between.

I can't stop smiling. Meanwhile, Harper must be exhausted from showing off to the surgery team because she is in the middle of a long nap. But I'm still smiling and I have a little extra skip in my step!

Again, THANK YOU for the amazing online support and love. Part of Harper's success has been because of you. We felt the love, therefore, she felt it too!


6 comments:

Andrea Simonis said...

Yay, yay, yay!! That's fantastic news!! So happy for the three of you :)

P.S. I LOVE the new cover picture on here!!

Heidi Ehle said...

YAY!!!!! Sweeter words have never been spoken (or heard!)
Can't wait to watch Harper blow your mind with how much stronger she will be now!

Shannon said...

YAY! that is awesome news!

Summit of Glory said...

Yeah Harper! Excellent news! This OHS for our kiddos is so amazing. Have a great week lovin' your baby! xoxo

Lisa said...

yeah!!! I remember that day and the one the cardiologist said "see you in a year". Great milestones congrats!!!

Marci said...

Woohoo! That's awesome!